Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Birthday Bash Weekend (August 2008) (Day 3)

Monday August 18th, 2008 (Day 3) 12:00PM

Well, we are headed home, so I will relapse what we did yesterday, now. Yesterday, since it was raining, we drove up to Corpus Christi, and spent the day driving around. We didn’t feel like a museum, and the aquarium is mostly outside, so we went driving looking at the scenery. Downtown Corpus is on the water, so we were going to eat lunch at Landry’s, a steak and Seafood joint that floated on the water. We got there, and walked inside-the second we stepped in; we knew we couldn’t eat there. The smell was horrendous! It smelled to me like one too many hurricanes had passed through and the carpet wasn’t replaced. Mom thought it smelled like they had gutted the fish in the lobby. J So, we decided we would drive a little bit more to try to find somewhere else to eat.
We drove, and drove, and drove, and drove some more, it seemed like, and FINALLY one of the towns had a restaurant. We ate at Floyd’s Ranch House Family Restaurant. It was quite an ‘old people’s restaurant’. An HOUR later, we finally got back in the car. (We had quite slow service)
We decided then to drive to Corpus Christi to ride the ferry to Port Aransas. Karen insisted on getting out of the car, and God must have given her that itching to get out for a reason. As we were standing on the side of the ferry, we saw a dolphin jump up! After we got off the ferry, we stood on a pier, trying to see it again. We stood there for about 10 minutes without seeing anything. Karen said that after this huge ship, we could go back to the car. Well, as the huge ship got closer, we saw a dolphin jumping in front of it. We watched it follow the boat out. It eventually came back, with another one, and we got to see them for a while. It was pretty cool.
Then, on the way back through down, we saw “Seafood and Spaghetti Works” and Tarpon “Tampon” Inn. We enjoyed the day A LOT!
So, when we got home, it had long since stopped raining. Karen and Jenna went for a walk on the beach. They came back for a few minutes, and then Mom and I joined them on the beach. We saw a live crab, not a hermit crab, a real crab. It was side –stepping, I found it quite amusing. After we had gotten our ‘ocean fix’, we went back to the condo and started fixing dinner. After we ate, and the dishes were cleaned up, Mom went into the kitchen for something, and she let out a shriek. She saw a COCROACH! It grossed us out a little too much, so Karen decided we were not going to eat breakfast there this morning J we watched the Olympics for a little while, and then went to bed.
This morning, we once again woke up to rain L So much for one last walk on the beach...Instead of the beach; we started to load the car. At 9AM (2 hours before we had to be out) we started out. We stopped for breakfast at Cracker Barrel, about 10:30. We have had quite heavy rain showers this morning; we just about had to pull over because Dad could hardly see! We stopped for gas, but other than that, we have just been driving. Gracie’s asleep on my lap, Jenna, Karen, Mom and I have been reading books or on laptops or IPod’s J
We are finally to San Antonio, so we only have about an hour and a half until we get home. The sky looks very dark, again! Now, the beach bash is over, and after my birthday on Wednesday, we will head to Wisconsin. And, we’ll have to start school all over again. We had fun on this trip, even through the rain, and who knows, maybe we can do it again next year!

No comments: