Friday, October 15, 2010

Come To Me, While You're Burdened

Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke in easy and my burden is light.

When I read this passage, it has two meanings to me,(it may mean totally different things to you, depending on what you are going through in your life...thats the great thing about the Bible :D)

"Come to me,all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

1. We all go to Him when we are burdened and weary to accept Him as our Savior.

2. I think we also go to Him weary and burdened as Christians, because let's face it, living as a Christian in this world is not easy, is makes us weary and burdened. The world doesn't like Christians.


The awesome thing is, no matter which situation we are in, He will give us rest, and allow us to take his easy yoke, and give Him the one we are having problems with.


Remember, He doesn't say "Come to me when your life is hunky-dory." He says "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened."

Don't get me wrong, we are supposed to go to Him when life is awesome, and thank Him for it.
BUT, we are not supposed to try to work our lives out by ourselves.

So, next time you're going through a trial, remember that you are to consider it pure joy, because it tests your faith and develops perseverence (James 1:2-3) (Wait, WHAT?! Yes, consider it JOY to go through hard times)
AND, you're supposed to go to God, and trade Him your burden for His light one...


K

No comments: