Thursday, October 28, 2010

Are You Allowing God To Be In The Driver's Seat?

Last Night at MidWeek, we were talking about our futures. It really hit me hard. My plans may not even matter...God knows what my life will entail, and I need to make sure our plans are the same.

We had to fill out a sheet with what we spend time doing (like playing sports, working, getting ready in the morning) and then what our future plans are, and finally what our plans are for the end of our lives..
Then, we had to mix the papers up and get someone else's paper. The purpose of this was to realize that our plans may not work out like we think they will. The paper we picked up looked nothing like our own plans.
We really need to ask God what His plan is for our life, and how He plans to use us. Whether we like it or not, He IS in the driver's seat, and we are passengers. No matter how badly we want to "drive", He is always there, and He knows best....."For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

-K

1 comment:

Beth said...

You used my favorite verse, there, Kathleen. I do think you are following His leading. It will be fun to see in the next few years.