Monday, February 20, 2012

Something I Would've Missed

So, our Sunday School today was on Matthew 14:13-21.
This story is about Jesus feeding 5,000 men (plus women and children) with 5 loaves and 2 fish. This is an amazing feat, but the amazing thing is right before this passage. Right before this, John the Baptist, Jesus' cousin was beheaded. Jesus went up on the mountain to be alone and to pray...He was followed...by over 5,000 people. I don't know about you, but if I had just heard that my cousin had died, I would be in no mood to preach. The really cool thing was that Jesus didn't get mad when He heard of His cousin's death, He went to pray. Then, he didn't get upset when these people came and wanted to hear from Him. He fed them ALL by the grace of God.

I thought it was cool.
Next time, pray before you do something. You could do something cool, like feed 5,000 people. :)

-K

No comments: