Sunday, November 8, 2009

More Sermon notes. (I LOVE this series on "doing faith")

Doing Faith-Defining Faith
"James 2:14-25"
Dr Steve Washburn
-James is giving us special attention to the definition of faith.
-"What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith, but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?" No!
-"In the same way, faith by itself if it is not accompanied by action is dead."
-Real faith is faith that SAVES.
"John 1:1" 
-The Word was God
"John 20:28" 
-Jesus is God
-You believe there is one God? The demons even believe that! And they know it, too! But demons are not saved.
"Matthew 7:21" 
-Only he who does the Father's will will be allowed into heaven
-I am saved ONLY by a serious faith that commits my life to Jesus.
-God doesn't accept applications. Only commitments. 
-The only faith that saves is REAL faith
"Mark 8:32"
-The faith that saves is the faith that abandons everything and turns it all over to Him!
-The only faith that saves is real faith that is under the management of Jesus.
-Faith that lives is faith that doesn't just believe things, it DOES things.
-"What we DO in this life echoes in eternity!"
-Faith without deeds is dead and useless. But, faith that is full of deeds is faith that is alive!
-Faith IS more of an action than a conviction. 
-Am I doing faith? Is my faith useful to my Savior!
-Is my faith lifeless or full of life?
-Real faith:
• is faith that GROWS! 
• grows and changes me.
• lifts me
• allows me to be stronger than I was before
-Abraham's faith was always growing. It was always lifting him. His faith was made complete by what he DID! Abraham was called God's friend. My faith is Christ can SAVE me!
-When I make a choice to put my REAL faith in Christ, it grows me, changes me and lifts me!
-You CAN have that kind of faith! It doesn't matter what has happened in your life.
-Perspectives are different, Jesus sees the big picture, we can't.
-Now that we know what faith means, let's do it!

No comments: