Friday, August 12, 2011

Be Still

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
Psalm 46:10


Do you ever wonder if God laughs at you?  I sure do.  I am going to Israel in March, I'm starting my Senior year soon, I have a consult with my oral surgeon to have my wisdom teeth taken out, and I am taking the ACT in less than a month.  As you can imagine, I am going nuts and worrying about every little thing.  I want to get a good grade on my ACT :Math and Science are not my strong subjects, and I don't like them on top of that...I'm gonna fail and not get into a college...then not get a job, then be homeless, then.....I want to get good grades in school this year : But I can't do this, I am not smart enough....I want to get the most out of going to Israel :but what about the plane ride? Is it safe there? Wait...I'm gonna be where Jesus actually walked on this earth? But, He's everywhere now....But in the flesh He was actually there. I am not worthy to be walking where He walked.....My wisdom teeth are being taken out: There will be a ton of pain, I won't be able to handle it, on top of my ACT, school, babysitting, ect...
Hey Kathleen?
-Sup, God?
CHILL.
I don't know what it sounds like to you, but it sounds like the devil is trying to get a hold of my life.  Jesus is trying to tell me He's got it.  He knows the plans for my life (Jer.29:11) and He knows the grades I will get on my ACT and my senior year, He knows the exact day my wisdom teeth will come out, He knows how going to Israel will impact my spiritual walk... He knows everything and He is trying to get my attention to tell me to be still and not worry. 

You may not be taking the ACT, starting your senior year, getting your wisdom teeth taken out or going to Israel next year, but I assure you there is something in your life Satan is telling you that you cannot do.  Remember, God is God.  Be still and know that He is omnipotent (all-powerful), omniscient (all-knowing) and omnipresent (all-present..He is everywhere)


No comments: